Shooting at 14 frames per second, with a 170 frame RAW buffer, incredible auto-focus, good IQ at VERY HIGH ISOs and supporting 4K 60fps and 1080p 120fps video, the Canon 1DX Mark II is s erious camera that can handle any professional situation, land or underwater, stills or video.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II - The Camera Features
Canon calls the 1DX Mark II 'the ideal tool for any professional image creator.' 1DX Mark II is a class leading still photo camera and a professional level 4K video system wrapped in a single body. This is an incredible advantage for an underwater shooter!
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II uses a new 20.2 megapixel full-frame sensor combined with dual DIGIC 6+ image processors, plus a 61-point AF system and up to 4K 60P (or Full HD 120P) video recording with dual pixel CMOS Autofocus (for fast video AF and tracking).
EOS-1D X Mark II Highlights
- Fastest shooting EOS-1D, capable of up to 14 fps* full-resolution RAW or JPEG, and up to 16 fps* in Live View mode with new Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors.
- Achieves a maximum burst rate of up to 170 RAWs in continuous shooting at up to 16 fps, and 4K movies using CFast cards in the new CFast 2.0** slot.
- Experience less noise in higher ISO images via a new 20.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, with an ISO range of 100-51200; expansion to ISO 409600.
- Improved AF performance through 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system with 41 cross-type points, improved center point focusing sensitivity to -3 EV and compatibility down to f/8***.
- Accurate subject tracking for stills and video with new EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition AF with 360,000-pixel metering sensor.
- 4K video (4096 x 2160) up to 60 fps (59.94), with an 8.8-Megapixel still frame grab**** in camera. Full 1080p HD capture up to 120 fps for slow motion.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF for high speed, high frame rate and continuous autofocus during video shooting.
- View and control high quality stills and videos via the 3.2-inch touch panel LCD with 1.62 million dots.
- Increased resolution and fine detail, with lens aberration correction and diffraction correction via new in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer technology.
- Built-in GPS***** provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code via satellites.
- The new optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8A is compatible with IEEE 802.11ac/n/a/g/b, supporting both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi® bands.
- Durable and rugged magnesium alloy body with dust- and-weather resistance for demanding shooting situations..
Nauticam NA-1DX II Housing
Nauticam housings are evolutionary marvels, with advancements from previous systems providing the foundation that new models are built on. The new Nauticam NA-1DXII housing incorporates advances from the Nauticam housings that came before it, but features enhanced ergonomics, more and better control access, and reduced size / weight thanks to cutting edge manufacturing processes.
There is clear continuity within the Nauticam DSLR lineup, and this consistency in control layout is something that professional image makers appreciate. Whether using a 1DX Mark II, 5DSR, or 7D Mark II the control access is remarkably similar, and instantly familiar.
- Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ratio with the popular EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
- M16 Vacuum Valve (25612)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 90mm
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902) or Shogun (17904)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD 502 Monitor (17906)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Canon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Spare Housing O-Ring (90134)
The NA-1DXII Housing comes standard with twin Nikonos flash connectors for electrical strobe triggering. An optional LED flash trigger is available for rapid fire optical triggering (manual power), and a new TTL Flash Trigger enables automatic flash triggering!
Great Nauticam Housing Features
Patented Port Locking System
Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
Housing Locking Latches
The industry's easiest to use housing closure system, requiring very little hand strength to operate, secures the housing back in place. The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening, but are easy to open when needed for a quick battery or memory card change.
Multi-controller Pad & Piano Keys
Located within easy reach of the right thumb, ergonomically operates the 1DX Mark II Multi-controller joystick. Full directional control is available, including diagonals, for fast focus point or menu selection.
Piano keys, unveiled on the Nauticam housing for Canon 7D in 2009, bring the Quick Control and SET functions out to the housing handle for quick changes.
The right hand grip features a cluster of key camera controls, all placed ergonomically for fingertip access.
Shutter Release, AF-On, Video Rec, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, M. Fn., and ISO are all conveniently located.
Fn and Pv Assignable Function Keys
One of 19 available camera functions can be assigned to this oversized, tactile lever for easy operation.
Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection
Circuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of water tight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25625).
Vacuum System Reset Button
Vacuum system reset button allows the electronic monitoring system to be reset from the port opening, without removing the housing back, for fast lens changes with the security and confidence of constant vacuum monitoring.
Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing. These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards or other accessories.
Ergonomic Rubberized Grips
Another legendary Nauticam feature, these rubberized grips have been used every Nauticam DSLR housing release, and are some of the most comfortable in the business.
Clear Control Labeling
All camera controls are clearly labeled, allowing easy identification.
Double Thumb Levers
Oversized double thumb levers, easily reached from the housing grips, and operational while wearing cold water gloves are a nauticam signature.
These levers access AF-On, Video Rec/Live View, Info, and Playback.