Divers Alert Network / NAUI DEMP CPR First Aid
NAUI Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) - Powered by DAN
September 29th 8 AM until 5 PM
What You Will LearnThe DEMP program prepares you to address multiple problems at once
and with confidence. It combines the knowledge and skills from the following four courses into a single approach to managing diving emergencies:
- Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid
- Neurological Assessment
- Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries.
You will learn the content and skills of the four courses:
- CPR & use of AEDs
- Neurological assessments
- Decompression illness and stroke
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Oxygen safety
- Oxygen first aid for scuba diving injuries
- Envenomations from marine life
- Traumatic injuries
- Life-threatening complications
- Seafood poisonings
- Avoidance of marine life injuries
Welcome to the Hollywood Divers Diving Emergency Management Provider (DEMP) class!
The classroom portion of the class will be held on Sunday, September 29 at Hollywood Divers, 8am-5pm (with a lunch break).
Rough schedule for classroom session:
- 8am - 10am: BLS / CPR skills
- 10am - 11:30: Neurological Assessment
- 11:30 - noon: final assessments for BLS / neuro
- noon - 1pm: lunch break
- 1pm - 2:30pm: O2
- 2:30pm-4:30pm: Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- 4:30pm-5pm: final assessments for O2 / HMLI
Plan to wear comfortable clothes as we will be moving around and potentially working up a sweat!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE THE CLASSROOM:
1. Please print and sign the 'Statement of Understanding' form and bring it to the shop, or scan and email to email@example.com.
2. Complete the NAUI eLearning DEMP class by signing into:
Go to "My Courses" and click "Activate a NAUI Education System".
Your course activation code and instructor code will be emailed to you after you have signed up and paid for the course.
Please start the eLearning as soon as possible to give yourself sufficient time to complete it before the classroom session.