Classroom March 7 6:30 PM. Pool March 10th 8AM until 12:30 PM. Ocean Dives the following weekend. TBD
The Hollywood Divers NAUI Skin Diver GROUP Course is offered 4 times per year or on a private basis as needed. This class is not about competing in Freediving or Pushing Depth Limits. It is however challenging and suited for those who want to get to know the Ocean. Before Pool Training Commences you must attend a fitting session to Choose Rental or Purchase of Masks, Wetsuit, Weight Belt, Long Blade Fins snd Socks.
Includes One Classroom Session, One Pool Session and One Ocean Training Session.
15 Years old For Jr Skin Diver or 18 Years Old for Skin Diver
Must Be able to Swim 200 Yards Without Stopping.
Complete All Sessions with Comfort
In this course we teach
1. Proper free diving safety and Rescue Techniques.
2. Proper Diver Behavior and Buddy Procedures.
3. Safety Equipment.
4. Free Diving Gear Selection. Student must Either Rent or Purchase Long Blade Fins, Low Volume Mask, Rigid J Snorkel and 3 to 5 MM Wetsuit is Preferred. See Related Items Below.
5. Proper Weighting / Buoyancy Tuning.
6. Performance Enhancing Exercises and Mental Prep for Breath Hold Diving.
7. Basic Diving Physics and Physiology in the Classroom to be applied in all water sessions.
Depth Limit 40 Feet
Physicians Approval may be required for acceptance. This is at the Instructor's Discretion. Some Red flags would include, Smoking and or High Blood Pressure or other known ailments.
Hollywood Divers Recommends good physical fitness, and a full medical physical exam for participating in the sport of Freediving.
In Addition to tuition fees, there will be potential travel fees and or boat fees and rental or purchase of required and approved free diving equipment.
Once youve completed your NAUI Skin Diver training and two open water dives, you will have the skills you need to be a comfortable and safe Skin Diver. And, you can use what youve learned towards the next step of becoming a NAUI Scuba Diver.
Please see the dates above on the drop down menu or on our Calendar Page