Sensus Ultra Kit SU-K-B
Sensus Ultra is ReefNet's third-generation dive data logging device. Building on the strengths of its predecessors, it remains the simplest, most convenient tool for collecting detailed dive log data. Remarkably, it's also the most affordable!
Don't let Sensus Ultra's diminutive size (1" x 1.3" x 1.75") fool you. Packed inside are a sophisticated sensor, flash memory and processor capable of storing 1500 hours of dive data with a 10 second sampling interval.
Ready to use right out of the box, simply clip Sensus Ultra to your dive equipment and it will automatically record depth and temperature profiles for all your dives. Downloading your dive data takes just a couple of mouse clicks. It's really that simple!
Dive computers typically record data with a resolution/accuracy* of 1 foot in depth and 1 degree in temperature (or worse). This is fine for recreational dive logging, but for technical diving or scientific purposes, it's rather coarse. Our users have been asking for more detail, and Sensus Ultra delivers! The resolution of the new Sensus Ultra is over 20 TIMES BETTER than that of the Sensus Pro:
- Depth is resolved to better than 0.5 inches of water, with accuracy of +/- 1 ft
- Temperature is resolved to 0.01 C (~ 0.02 F), with accuracy of +/- 0.8 C
In the scientific market, this increased resolution allows Sensus Ultra to compete very favorably with much more expensive depth/temperature monitoring devices.
If all you want is a simple dive logger, Sensus Ultra's standard configuration will do just fine. But if you'd like more control over how your data are recorded you may configure a number of device parameters using our bundled software:
- Sampling Interval - Default 10 seconds. Configurable from 1 second to over 18 hours. Example...a researcher might select 60 seconds, extending the capacity to ONE YEAR for long-term water temperature monitoring.
- Activation Depth - Default 3 fsw. Configurable in mbar (absolute). Example...while diving at high-altitude, you may wish to reduce the activation pressure accordingly.
- End-Timer - Default 15 samples. i.e. the number of continuous samples above the activation depth which signal the completion of a dive. Example...dive instructors could extend the timer to prevent brief ascents (talking with students) from terminating the dive record prematurely.
- User Data Storage - Approximately 16 kB of storage in the recorder is reserved for your private use. You may store certification data, medical info, or any other data in this space, and it may (if you wish) be securely encrypted with a password!
By choosing the right combination of recording parameters, you can tailor the Sensus Ultra to suit the conditions or your particular style of diving.
Sensus Manager software makes reviewing your dive profiles simple and convenient. Click below to take a tour, or download this FREE software right now!
We Also Recommend
Ratio IDive Tech Plus Wrist Computer